About Dr. Dhaval Mangukiya
Dr. Dhaval Mangukiya is highly trained in General Surgery, Laparoscopy Surgery, HPB and GI Surgery, Minimal Access Surgery. During his training as fellowship in Bhatia Hospital, Mumbai he got opportunity to work with eminent laparoscopic surgeon and teacher like Dr. K P Balsara, Dr. C R Shah and Dr. Kamlesh Khandelwal. He was trained in basic as well as advanced laparoscopic surgery and involved in post-operative management. He also got chance to perform all basic laparoscopic procedure under their guidance.
Dr. Dhaval did Diploma in Minimal Access Surgery in Strasbourg France. Where he got chance to learn advanced Laparoscopy procedures from the international faculties like Prof. Jacques Marescaux, Joel Leroy and Dallemagne Bernard.
His special interest is in Pancreatico Biliary and Gastrointestinal Laparoscopic surgery. Dr. Dhaval has independently performed large numbers of Basic laparoscopic surgeries (Diagnostic, Appendectomy, Cholecystectomy) and significant number of advanced Laparoscopic surgery (Hemicolectom, Hydatid Cyst, Fundoplication, Splenectomy, Partial Gastrectomy, Gastrojejunostomy, Cystogastrostomy, Hernias.
Since January 2013 Dr. Dhaval is visiting consultant in all major hospitals in Surat like Mahavir Trauma Hospital, Asutosh Hospital, Mission Hospital, BAPS Hospital, Sunshine Global Hospital.
Dr. Dhaval has performed more than 1000 major and super major surgeries in the subject of Hepatopancreato biliary surgery, Advanced laparoscopic surgery, Complex gastro intestinal surgery and GI-HPB cancer surgery. The spectrum of procedures is wide which also includes open and Laparoscopic Liver resections, Laparoscopic & Open pancreatic surgeries, Complex gastrointestinal surgeries, Laparoscopic colorectal resections, Gastro esophageal surgeries and so on.
- M.B.B.S. – Surat Municipal Institute of Medical & Research, Surat 2006
- M.S.(General Surgery) – Mahatma Gandhi Missions Medical college, Navi Mumbai 2009
- Diploma in Minimal Access Surgery – European Institute of Telesurgery IRCAD, France 2011
Certifications and Trainings
- G.I. & Laparoscopic surgery – Bhatia General Hospital, Mumbai 2009 – 2010
- Assistant Professor in Dept. of General Surgery – Surat Municipal Institute of Medical & Research, Surat 2011 – 2012
- HPB & GI Surgery at Jaslok Hospital and Research Center, Mumbai 2012-2013
- Gyan Burman Fellowship in HPB Surgery and Liver Transplantation at Sir Gangaram Hospital, New Delhi 2013
- GI & HPB Oncosurgery at TATA Memorial Hospital, Mumbai