Celebrating Nutrition week at Orkid IVF Center by making awareness about Dietary changes in PCOS women and girls.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or “PCOS” is an endocrine issue that is assessed to influence 7–10%, ladies. It is one of the most well-known reasons for infertility. Ladies influenced by PCOS should try to follow an eating routine that isn’t just nutritious but also fibrous. Given below are a couple of tips that ladies influenced by PCOS can follow.
Diet with low carbohydrate food, high protein, high fiber, foods rich in monounsaturated fats, Foods rich in calcium and foods rich in Zinc, magnesium and chromium.
Important is to have small, frequent meals every 2 to 3 hours interval, drink at least 10 to 12 glasses of water.
- Low carbohydrate food means food with a low Glycemic index Which releases continuous glucose and gives energy so there’s is no food craving, no overeating and no obesity. A Glycemic index is a number given to each food depending upon its sugar level in our blood after 2 hours of eating. It’s number from 0 to 100. Food with a low GI is no starchy vegetables such as Asparagus, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. fruits all citrus fruits, grains such as oats, quinoa, brown rice, etc.
- High protein diet such as dal, pulses, sprouts beans, etc. High fiber diet such as oats, bananas, mosambi, etc.
- Foods rich in monounsaturated fats are vegetable oils, eggs, Avacado, etc. which improves metabolism.
- Foods are rich in calcium e.g. eggs, low-fat milk, soya milk, Ragi, etc.
- Foods rich in zinc, magnesium and chromium Meat is an excellent source of Zinc. Pumpkin seeds are an excellent source of magnesium. Onion and tomatoes are a good source of chromium.
- Minimize whole fat dairy products e.g. butter, cheese, etc.
- Use low-fat cooking methods such as backing, boiling, grilling rather than frying.
- Avoid high GI food such as white bread, white Pasta instead eats wheat bread and wheat pasta.
Have a Healthy life ahead.
If you are experiencing irregular periods, infertility, weight gain or excessive hair growth, PCOS may be to blame. Speak to your doctor for more information, a diagnosis, and a treatment plan today.
Orkid Medilife IVF Centre is a well-established multispecialty hospital located at the prime location of the city with the latest technology, affordable cost, and medical utilities to provide all-round healthcare and services for patients. They are also the best infertility specialists in Surat along with a team of fertility experts, nursing staff, Surgical gastroenterologists and counselors to address all concerns related to infertility and assurance the most obvious opportunity with regards to pregnancy.
Have a Healthy life ahead.
For More Information Visit Orkid Hospital & IVF Centre.