The second trimester of pregnancy is the most enjoyable moment for every woman. Find out some common symptoms that we have discussed below.
1) Skin changes
3) Vaginal discharge
4) Nasal bleeding
5) Dental issues
6) Growing Belly & breasts.
7) Braxton Hicks contractions
8) Leg cramps
9) Urinary tract infections
10) Kick feeling (baby’s movement)
Some of the symptoms that we have discussed below in detail.
1) Skin Changes: – Hormonal changes during pregnancy stimulate an increase in pigment melania in the skin. As a result, you might notice brown patches on your face called melasma. The dark line down your abdomen called Linea nigra .These skin changes are common and usually after delivery fades away. Stretch marks over abdomen, breasts, buttocks, or thighs. To prevent stretch marks you may apply coconut oil, Olive oil, castor oil, aloe vera gel, or cream. Although very difficult to prevent stretch marks, most eventually it fades in intensity.
2) Dizziness: – During pregnancy changes in circulation occur which may cause postural hypotension and dizziness. To prevent dizziness drink plenty of fluids, avoid standing for long periods. The most important thing to keep in mind, move slowly when you stand up or change your position.
3) Vaginal Discharge: – Sticky, clear, or white vaginal discharge is normal but if it is a foul smell, yellowish, green, or curdy white with itching discharge occurs then you need to consult your doctor immediately as it could be a vaginal infection.
4) Urinary tract infection:-It is very common during pregnancy. If you feel an increase in the frequency of urine, lower abdomen pain, fever, backache needs to consult your doctor because it may lead to a kidney infection.
5) Nasal problems: – During pregnancy, your hormone levels increase due to which blood flow and circulation also increase which may cause mucous membranes to swell & bleed easily resulting in stuffiness and nasal bleeding. Saline drops can help relieve congestion. Also drinking plenty of fluids and apply petroleum jelly around the edges of your nostrils skin, can also give some relief.
6) Dental issue: – During pregnancy gums become more sensitive to flossing and brushing, resulting in minor bleeding. Rinsing with salt water, using a soft toothbrush, you can decrease irritating. Be sure to keep up your dental care during pregnancy.
7) Kick feeling (baby’s movement):– Major and most important changes in the second trimester are that now you start feeling the movements of the baby. In the first pregnancy, by 20 weeks and in second pregnancy by 16 weeks you will start feeling the movements of the baby. Dietary changes as said in the previous videos should be followed. Avoid unpasteurized milk and unprocessed meat.